Avalon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aion: Avalon Legion

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Quick and Easy Farming Techniques (10-20s)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sephorah

Quick and Easy Farming Techniques (10-20s) Empty
PostSubject: Quick and Easy Farming Techniques (10-20s)   Quick and Easy Farming Techniques (10-20s) EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 6:00 pm

First off you wanna make sure you're gathering is atleast over 50. This will make gathering the stuff stupidly fast.
Now the right thing to do here is to make full use of the time you spend doing this, and to do that you need to know what to grab and what to skip.

You want to avoid as many mobs as possible as well, as many in this area might not drop anything worth Kinah and will only slow you down.

What to avoid in Verteron (Unless you're in need of some skill point raises)

Dado - this stuff sells for like 300 kinah every 20 quite often. It requires 75 Vitality Extract skill so only bother with it if you need to push to the 80s.

Rubus - A bit sometimey, Requires skill level 50.

Inina: Skill level 5, once more pointless.

The Breadwinners for sale

Aether Powder - This is a slow and stupidly boring process and could take all day. However the profit is really good and you'll need this for your crafting money making. Make sure you've got something to keep your brain amused while doing so.

Ruko Fiber - This stuff is so common but needed for much of the early tailoring, and it sells very nicely. I made about 125,000 for a stack of 140. Its easy to farm and most commonly found near Belbua's Farm and Along the road towards the Holy Ground from the Pilgrim's Respite. It requires skill level 20 to extract so its fairly easy to gather.

Fresh Aria - Aria itself sells pretty decently so you're not wasting too much time trying to get this to proc. Aria isn't as common in Verteron as it is in Poeta, and you cant gather it in Poeta come your ascension. A good trick is to gather your area at levels 1-5. Gathering a good 150 will actually level you to level 4 and some change, so may as well raise your vitality while it can give you levels worth of experience as well. A stack of 9 Fresh aria sometimes brokers for 15-20,000 While A huge Pile of Aria can reach up to 40,000 Kinah on a good day.

Iron - needed for early weapon and armor smithing in hefty amounts and stupidly common. This is another way to start out with a decent amount of Kinah as soon as you ascend. Its commonly located in the Dukaki mine in Poeta And you can walk out with about a stack of 50 without wasting too much time. Its commonly found in the Dukaki mine in Verteron as well as the Pilgrim's respite and Tursin Krall areas. You can make anywhere between 60,000 Kinah and 100,000 Kinah off of about an hour of gathering. If you're a weapon or armorsmith you can flip it to even more money if you forge the right stuff.

Silver Ore - Not quite as good on the sales, but not something you want to overlook when its available. I've only found it in the Dukaki settlement in Verteron and it sells decently for a stack of 40.

How to make the best of your time with these:

Once you hit level 16-18 you should be able to handle any mob that attacks you in Pilgrim's Respite. With a bit of channel hopping to avoid heavy traffic and the right Macros you can alternate easily from Ruko to Iron Ore Nodes very quickly. In about 2 hours I gathered 150 Ruko and 75 Iron. Note I was distracted by a child and instant messages while doing this, It could go a lot faster if you put your full attention to it.

Macros: Courtesy of Redshadows

/Select (Insert Node name here)
Ex: /Select Ruko
/Attack

Once you've gathered as much as you can take without getting too bored head on over to the Broker. Don't forget to buy out the stupidly underpriced stuff if there's maybe one or two. It'll add to your stacks and allow youto make better profit. Give it a few days as customers aren't always buying, but everything should sell before the sale period ends.

You should make smaller amounts off of green equipment that sells faster while killing mobs that get in your way every now and than, that should hold you over while you wait for sales. Hope this is helpful to anyone.
Back to top Go down
Daxx

PostSubject: Re: Quick and Easy Farming Techniques (10-20s)   Quick and Easy Farming Techniques (10-20s) EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 9:07 pm

Is it better to sell farmed items in bulk or is it better to split the stacks up in 10 to 50 items per stack?
Back to top Go down
Sephorah

PostSubject: Re: Quick and Easy Farming Techniques (10-20s)   Quick and Easy Farming Techniques (10-20s) EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 9:41 pm

It all depends on the item. Your consumer base might just be buying because theyre too lazy to gather for a quest that only requires 15. Or if theyre actual crafters they might want to buy in bulk without having to click on the individual ones a billion times. But still if the item is worth 200k for 300 of them, you might want to just split them in half as not everyone is going to be able to afford that. You'll still make your 200k just in double doses of 100k. This doesn't always work as the broker never seems to stay a certain price range very long.
Back to top Go down
Daxx

PostSubject: Re: Quick and Easy Farming Techniques (10-20s)   Quick and Easy Farming Techniques (10-20s) EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 10:08 pm

I actually talked to Lady a few mins ago. One item i was selling was Silver Ore. I had a stack of 100 a couple stacks of 50 and a few 10's. All has already sold. Same with Iron Ore.
Back to top Go down
RedShadows

PostSubject: More on Gathering, Macros, and Brokering   Quick and Easy Farming Techniques (10-20s) EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 9:52 pm

Hey all,

More on the macro listed above. I keep a half dozen of these on my action bar at any one time,
depending on what I'm interested in gathering.

For example:
/Select Adamantium
/Attack

Make sure you use the lead caps.
So when you're in an area with stuff just keep clicking the macros.

Note: The macro doesn't care if someone else is already gathering the node. Wink

I find that a set of macros makes the gathering hats obsolete.

Broker: for gatherables that are used for quests post those amounts.

For crafting mats PLEASE don't post one at a time. I just skip those
and move to the next stack.

I tend to buy stacks of stuff near the quantities that I'll use.
So if you post a 100 stack of fresh potion making herb I'm likely
to buy it, but I won't buy your 1,000 stack because the 500k
might be out of my price range, even if the "per herb" price is less.

Make sure that when you check the broker you click the "price per item"
button to sort prices from lowest to highest. The Broker does NOT do
that by default.

If mats are priced too low, and if your budget allows, buy them out
and repost them at a higher price.
Back to top Go down
http://gotwarcraft.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick and Easy Farming Techniques (10-20s)   Quick and Easy Farming Techniques (10-20s) Empty

Back to top Go down

Quick and Easy Farming Techniques (10-20s)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Avalon :: Avalon :: General Topic-
Jump to: