Avalon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aion: Avalon Legion

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

thoughts on aion

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mayuko/Leica
Admin

thoughts on aion Empty
PostSubject: thoughts on aion   thoughts on aion EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 6:18 pm

so we've played aion for a while now, (has it been a month?)

what do you guys think of the game?
i myself havent played many like these so in limited perception and comparison, i think it's a solid okay.

graphics is great, community seems okay, classes seem well balanced pve wise from playing all of em.

i personally think story is meh, but some people seem to like it.

so all in all, it's good but somehow lacks a bit of amusement.
i guess it depends on the community (how interesting and heated the elyos vs furbacks becomes)

now sure what i'd like to see tbh.

just an over discussed topic to get something going here...

-leica
Back to top Go down
RedShadows

thoughts on aion Empty
PostSubject: About Aion   thoughts on aion EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 4:36 pm

Hey Mayuko/Leica

Having played some Anarchy Online, City of Heroes, and WoW I'll throw in my 2 cents.

I think Aion could use more quests. It has quite a few, certainly more than other
Korean games (eg: Lineage 2,) but it's still not enough. Endless grinding is a major
bot attractant and it's boring. More story, more questing, less incentive to endlessly
grind... that's what I'd like to see.

Aion's the shiny new toy on the block, but how many of us will take more than one
character to max level? How many did we take to 80 in WoW? (I'm not in the WoW
hating crawd. People played WoW for years. Will they play Aion for years?)

Other than that I think this game has lots of potential. NCsoft clearly has a clue
as to how to put together a good MMO. Compare Aion to any other MMO at this
stage in its development and it's pretty much Aion and WoW.

The Dev team has done a stellar job putting this game together and I'm looking forward
to the expansions.

The community is interesting. I especially like the cleric chat, that seems to be a
group of interesting adults (Avalon chat is pretty good, too!) There's a little Barrens
chat here and there, but not much. I'm sure it'll come eventually.

Amusement? Heh. In City of Villains some of the high level quests are provided by an
assortment of mad scientists. These guys are completely nuts and it's hilarious.
It would be nice to see some more of that in this game, thoiugh the Shugos do provide some.

So anyway, I'm enjoyijng it a lot.

Red
Back to top Go down
http://gotwarcraft.com

thoughts on aion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Avalon :: Avalon :: General Topic-
Jump to: